Raul Barbosa is an Assistant Professor at the University of Coimbra, Portugal. He holds a PhD degree in Computer Engineering since 2008 from Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden. He graduated in Computer Engineering in 2004 at the University of Coimbra. At Carnegie Mellon University, US, he was an Adjunct Associate Teaching Professor in the Institute for Software Research. He collaborated in diverse research projects, including AI4EU, ADVANCE, BASE, iCIS, AMBER, Affidavit, DFEA-2020, and TRONE, and was the Principal Investigator at UC in projects DECAF and AESOP.
His main research interests focus on reliable software and systems, including principles for designing and evaluating computer systems that must ensure safety and availability. His research activity is currently centred on projects addressing cloud computing, dependable software architectures and reliable AI. These topics are systematically addressed using formal approaches such as model checking and experimental experimental approaches such as fault injection. His teaching activities take place at the Department of Informatics Engineering of the University of Coimbra.
- Up to date institutional homepage
- Up to date list of publications at Google Scholar [here]
- List of publications at the research centre's personal page [here]
- Raul Barbosa, "Layered fault tolerance for distributed embedded systems", Ph.D. thesis, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden, November 2008. [pdf]
- Raul Barbosa, "Multi-layer fault tolerance for distributed real-time systems", Licentiate thesis, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden, May 2007. [pdf]
- Raul Barbosa, "Fault injection optimization through assembly-level pre-injection analysis", Master's thesis, Department of Computer Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden, August 2004. [pdf]